Handling Alimony Cases in the East Valley
Sometimes referred to as alimony or spousal support, spousal maintenance is a form of financial support paid by one 配偶 to another to help them 维持他们自己. 它可以在支付期间或之后 离婚.
In making an order for spousal maintenance, the court must determine:
- Whether the requesting 配偶 is eligible
- The amount of maintenance to be paid
Whether you are the 配偶 seeking or paying alimony, you deserve to work with an attorney who truly cares about protecting your rights and ensuring 对你来说是一个积极的结果. 在爱德华兹空军基地 & 彼得森| PLC，我们的 台面 spousal maintenance lawyers have the experience you are seeking. We are determined to help you pursue the support you need or to avoid 在赡养费上付出过多.
letou乐投体育 Eligibility in Arizona
Determining eligibility requires a finding that one 配偶 has financial need AND that the other 配偶 is capable of paying.
Common reasons the court may award spousal maintenance include:
- One 配偶 contributed to the education of the other
- One 配偶 does not have the assets or resources to be self-sufficient
- One 配偶 is unable to obtain adequate employment to provide for their 合理的需求
In its determination of self-sufficiency, the judge reviews the petitioner’s experience, skill level, and even the labor market. 如果婚姻是 long-lasting and one 配偶 fulfilled the role of homemaker throughout, the judge may order that the petitioner’s age and lack of professional experience warrant an order of spousal maintenance. 类似的决定 may occur when the couple has young children or a child with a disability, which often makes obtaining adequate full-time employment difficult.
If the court determines there is a need for spousal maintenance, it considers a variety of factors in arriving at a support amount and duration for 维护.
- The standard of living that the couple enjoyed during their marriage
- Each party’s employment history and marketable skills
Courts compare both 配偶s’ resources and earning capacity and determine the paying 配偶’s ability to financially support both parties. The court also looks at ways the 配偶 seeking maintenance contributed to the earning capacity, education, and career opportunities of the paying 配偶. In Arizona, the final decision on spousal support rests with the judge.
There are four types of spousal maintenance:
- 临时支持 is provided before the 离婚 is finalized and is intended to help cover the needs of one 配偶 during the pendency of the 离婚 case.
- 康复支持 typically lasts for a fixed period determined by either the court or via 配偶间的协议. There are two common reasons for rehabilitative support: To assist the 配偶 receiving support as he or she works toward attaining self-sufficiency, or to allow the custodial parent of young children to remain home with the child(ren) until the youngest child begins school.
- 报销的支持 reimburses one 配偶 for expenses he or she paid in support of the other. One of the more common reasons for reimbursement support is when one 配偶 worked to help put the other through college and build a career. 报销 support may be paid over time or in one lump sum.
- 永久的支持 lasts until the death of either the payor or the payee; it may also end if the payee remarries (but not always). 收款人也可要求 payor carry a life insurance policy naming the payee as beneficiary. 要么 party may petition the court for an adjustment in the support amount unless the parties agree that it will not be modified.
叫爱德华 & 彼得森| PLC)
If you are considering 离婚 or need to include or respond to a petition 赡养费,乐投letou国米体育| PLC是来帮忙的. 我们把 time to understand your financial needs, resources, and assets. 在上面 of that, our 台面 spousal maintenance attorneys are deeply familiar with the state laws that govern alimony awards.
To discuss your situation with our firm, please call us at (480) 418-5656.
We know that when you need legal help it is a scary time in your life. 这就是为什么在乐投letou国米体育| PLC) we'll be with you day and night to help you every step of the way.
当你雇佣爱德华兹时 & 彼得森| PLC), you're getting the whole team. Working as a team helps us to be able to come up with creative solutions to get our clients the best outcome.
You are not simply a file number to 乐投letou国米体育| PLC). We treat and fight for our clients like they are family.